Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I would like to believe my little "emotional outbursts" helped me to be lighter on my feet, but I doubt that. Somehow, I managed to do 3 miles at the track in 38:38. Talk about killing my previous record! It was hot, I was grumpy, and dealt with these awful stomach/side/digestion cramps.. But I did it!

Another "Only in Bethel" moment. So, obviously, I was at the track, ignoring the world and doing my thing to my iPod. Suddenly, I hear something that sounded like a goose squawking behind me. Mind you, I listen to my music pretty loud and often get lost in it. So I take out my headphones, look around, and see nothing. Then, just as I put my headphones on again, I see a very interesting sight. An older man was standing diagonal to my car. Looked closer only to see that he was playing the bagpipes!! Just him and his bagpipes. The squawk that I heard was that noise that initially is produced when they are filling the bag up and tuning it. Not something you see everyday. Here's the best part- I hadn't stopped my music, and when I put it back on, Dr. Demento's They're Coming to Take Me Away was playing. Classic!

Trained with Sean this morning- no new numbers to report!

No comments: