Monday, August 17, 2009

What a day! I went back to school today to start setting up my room... I thought I was ready, but I am not. Spent a good majority of the day there.

Hurt my food baad yesterday when I was helping my Dad with the pool house and pool crap. Being sure of my strength (bad choice #1), I offered to stand on a wobbly shower chair (bad choice #2) and load about 20 lbs of water blocks (things to hold down the cover in the winter) onto a shelf that was about 10 feet in the air (bad choice #3). Mind you, that lifting ivolved shoving 20 lbs about 4 feet over my head. So, like I said, bragging about being strong, I did it. Effortless. Sure, I can do a few more bundles. The chair was wobbling bad, which in turn, was making me nervous. About 2nd round, I lose my confidence and it all comes crashing down on the top of my foot. NASTY black and blues all over the top of my foot. Bruises keep spreading and multiplying LITERALLY hour by hour. It hurts pretty bad, but I am sure nothing is broken. It just looks really nasty and is ouchie. I have to wear flip flops, which I love, but doesn't really help when your foot hurts. Normal shoes press on the top of my foot. By tomorow I am going to make myself wear sneakers as Wednesday I will be doing a crap load of walking, quahogging, and swimming.

Conditioning- 1 hour of swimming- continously- no floating, etc.

Training- not today between the hospital, classroom and boo boo foot.

No comments: