Monday, July 6, 2009

Went to the track for cardio this morning. Totally beat my previous distance- I went 2.75 miles in 40 minutes. I used lane 3 for walking the curves and lane 1 for jogging the straight aways. I have realized that I suck at running/jogging. My strides are super noisy and I just... I dunno! I can't really effectively go fast without looking like a spaz. Ah well, it didn't stop me. Next time, I would like to jog/run the straight aways in EVERY lap. This time, I walked the full laps towards the end. At least I improved my distance by half a mile!

On a more somber note, things have gotten shoved into craziness again. My Aunt (my Uncle Billy's-the one with cancer-wife) was fine Saturday night, and on Sunday, was admitted to the hospital for complete paralysis from waist down and one arm.. I don't remember which one- my mind is kinda swimming. Cognitively 100% intact. She's in a lot of pain and was subjected to all sorts of tests yesterday. She is going for more today. This is equally bad because today is my Uncle's appointment with the oncologist to determine if he wants to let nature take it's course or if he wants to be on the meds that cost $100,000+. He has been fighting for 6 years and has dodged death more times that anyone could imagine. I don't know what it is that keeps him going, but holy crap, he's got it...

(Update 9:05- Pain has increased and the paralysis has moved to her other arm now. Neck down is not doing well)
(Update 11:02- Paralysis has taken over everything from her neck down. Her systems are shutting down. Cogitive acquity is not going so well either. They still don't know what it is- they have possible theories, but will not know more until spinal tap is done.)
(Update 3:42-
She was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré Syndrome. Not the diagnosis that we wanted at all. It's attacking her lungs and she is now in the ICU. They are putting her on a ventilator. If she pulls through, she will be in the hospital for weeks/months before being transferred to a rehabilitation center.They are going to put her on immunoglobulin therapy when she is stable enough. They think she's already in renal failure.)
(Update 8:40- Her bladder has shut down, and other organs are starting to slowly shut down. Her oxygen levels need a major boost. Her blood pressure is up to 220 over 190. She is on a ventilator now and is receiving the immunogobulin therapy tonight. My Uncle finally made it to see her, and the stress took a toll on him. He is being admitted at his "home base" hospital, Montefiore in the Bronx. It's not good that he's back in the hospital, but it is good that someone will be able to watch after him. Tomorrow is the turning point in my Aunt's health. They will know what her prognosis will be.)

.. And on top of it, things are not cool at the nursing home with my Gma. I will probably step in and take over those responsibility so my Mom can deal with my Aunt. We'll all have to pull together to figure out how to care for my Uncle. If my Aunt stays in the hospital much longer, we'll have to hire a nurse or live in companion for him. Oy.

.. AND. Today is my first day of class. WTF did I get myself into? This class is psycho. Seriously. I should have read 526 pages by today. HAHAH! Did I? No. Fun.



No comments: